Listen to this post!
With more buyers expecting to buy move-in ready homes, and as they become more aware of what to expect in a home, more and more Houston Realtors and home sellers are turning to home staging professionals to execute staging to help them differentiate their homes from the competition.
But what are the real benefits of Houston home staging from a Realtor’s standpoint? Is it really necessary to stage a home these days in the market? The answer is yes, because no one, not even a really good Realtor, gets a second chance to create a first impression!
The traditional real estate approach suggests that the only way to generate new interest in your home is to drop the price, which will attract a different group of potential buyers and will reduce your client’s bottom line and your commission.
The longer a home sits on the market, the more price reductions it is likely to endure and the buyer’s perception of value will drop as they start to wonder why the home is not selling. Instead, try a different approach by suggesting to your clients a different marketing approach that is proven to work: home staging
Here is how home staging will benefit YOU as a Real Estate Professional:
- – Your image and professionalism – after all, you represent the property you list. If it looks great and sells faster and for more money, it will be noticed by other agents, as well as future clients who will want to list with you.
- – Allows you to focus on your core business – listing and negotiating the sale of a property is what you do, not helping clients with detailed suggestions on what needs to be done to their home decor and how to do it. A home staging professional will prepare your listing for showings; all you’ll have to do is sell it.
- – Avoid delicate situations – A professional home stager can often say things to a home seller that a Realtor may not be able to without jeopardizing the relationship with the client (like things about odors, dirt, outdated décor, etc). A home seller expects design advice from a home stager and usually welcomes it, or at least is not too offended.
- – Faster turnover of your listings – you will spend less time, effort and money per listing and will increase your earnings by turning the properties over quicker.
- – Distinct marketing advantage – Having a professional home stager on a Realtor’s team is a positive marketing tool to gain more home selling clients in today’s competitive market. If you don’t offer staging as part of your services, other realtors will! Clients might make their listing decision based on the increased value you will bring to their home – after all, the homeowner’s biggest goal is to get the most money for their property.
- – Positive advice – A home seller who has paid for home staging services will be more likely to listen to the advice of their Realtor regarding price and marketing of their home and also are more likely to implement staging suggestions.
- – Better than a price reduction – An investment in staging is far less than the cost of a price reduction. A client will probably not be too happy if you suggest a price reduction – try explaining the benefits of home staging instead.
- – Gain referrals and repeat business – amazing turnover time help agents gain impressive statistics that will help them sell themselves to homeowners, as well as get referrals from previous clients.
Now what about the benefits of home staging from the perspective of your seller clients?
- Staged homes sell up to 72% faster and up to 17% higher than a non-staged homes.
- Staged homes appeal to a broader range of buyers
- The more attractive a home shows, the more desirable people will perceive it to be. This drives up the number of offers and the price of the offers.
- Building inspectors view staged homes as well cared for and therefore they often get better appraisal values.
- A professionally staged home will present better on the MLS, the home will sell faster because it shows better.
With this in mind, can you afford not to home stage? Remember, the investment in Houston home staging is FAR LESS than the cost of a price reduction, so why wait?
Contact us today to learn about the special opportunities and pricing we offer to Houston Realtors and real estate professionals via our VIP Realtor Program.